The calendar has flipped to December and soon it will be flipped to 2014, which has prompted the North Dakota High School Activities Association Board of Directors to formally take applications for the association’s next Executive Secretary following the retirement of Sherm Sylling, who will step down from the post in June.
The NDHSAA has posted the position on its website and will be looking for qualified candidates who fit some of the below requirements:
1. Education experience including a minimum of a Master’s Degree
2. A background in athletics/activities that includes a successful coaching or administrative experience.
3. Strong communication and people skills
That’s just a small sample size of what the NDHSAA will be looking for.
Here’s the timetable outlined by the NDHSAA board for hiring this position:
– Applications will be received until January 22, 2014
– Applications will be screened January 26, 2014
– Interviews will be conducted February 4-5, 2014 in Valley City, N.D.
– A successful candidate will be approved at the March 21, 2014 Board of Directors meeting
Sylling is the fifth full time Executive Secretary in the history of NDHSAA and has served in the position since 1999.